Prairie Yoga 200 hour Foundation
Yoga Teacher Training
at Beverly Yoga Center
August 2017 – June 2018
The Beverly Yoga Center in collaboration with Prairie Yoga is here to support those wishing to become certified yoga teachers and those seeking to deepen their understanding of mind-body modalities.
Prairie Yoga 200 hour Teacher Training will deepen your own personal practice and prepare you to intelligently teach beginning and intermediate yoga classes from your own heart-felt path. We believe that establishing a firm foundation in your own yoga practice is key to becoming an inspiring yoga teacher. Our comprehensive, registered Yoga Alliance trainings develop highly skilled and inspiring yoga instructors.
You will learn how to use the tools and techniques from all eight limbs of yoga. Our philosophy is non-dogmatic. We offer a contemporary approach deeply rooted in the ancient wisdom of classical yoga. By immersing yourself in the study of yoga, you move toward becoming a balanced, whole individual deeply united with yourself, others and the world that we live in. • • •
Not sure if Teacher Training is right for you? Join us for our Teacher Training Info Session on August 6 to see what the program is all about. Join lead training instructor, Reeny Linstrom, for a one hour class followed by a Q&A. Click here for more information.
Beverly Yoga Center
1917 W 103rd St., Chicago, IL 60643
Reeny Linstrom, 500 E-RYT
Classes include two weekends of Vinyasa Teacher Training with Liz Smith, 200 E-RYT
Sat-Sun. 6 hours per day with 30 minute break
Aug 19 12-6:30 & Aug 20 11:30-6:00
Sep 16 1:30-8:00 & Sep 17 11:30-6:00
Oct 14 1:30-7:00 & Oct 15 11:30-6:00
Nov 18 12:00-6:30 & Nov 19 11:30-6:00
Dec 9, 12:00-6:30 & Dec 10, 11:30-6:00
Jan 13 1:30-7:00 & Jan 14 11:30-6:00
Feb 17 1:30-7:00 & Feb 18 11:30-6:00
Mar 17, 1:30-8:00 & Mar 18, 11:30-6:00
Apr 14 1:30-8:00 & Apr 15 11:30-6:00
May 19 12:00-6:30 & May 20 11:30-6:00
June 9 1:30-8:00 & June 10 11:30-6:00
Two Friday Workshops with Carly Carney
• Contemplative Aspects of Teaching and Practicing Yoga $100
Friday, Oct 13, 2017, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
• The Psychology of Teaching Yoga $100
Friday, May 18, 2018, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm
Fundamentals of Anatomy $300
Nov 4-5, 2017, Saturday 1:30 – 8:00 pm & Sunday 11:30 – 6:00 pm
Mentorship with Carly Carney
5 individual one hour sessions $250
ADDITIONAL CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• Complete 13 hours of Fundamentals of Yoga Anatomy:*
• Attend 2 Friday workshops with Carly Carney (13 hours)*
• Mentorship with Carly Carney*
• Observe and assist a senior teacher 15 hours
• Complete all homework assignments (approximately 3-5 hours per week)
• Teach 2 community classes
• Read 4 books from the book list and write a 1-2-page review for each
• Teach 2 private yoga lessons and write an overview
• Teach yoga to a needy group at no charge (service/karma yoga)
• Provide proof of CPR certi cation
• Complete a 20-hour self-study project in a specialty area of yoga that interests you. Present your exploration as a document, video, class or other medium appropriate for your topic.
• Demonstrate the ability to teach an inspiring Level 1-2 yoga class clearly, safely and appropriately.
TUITION & PAYMENT OPTIONS*
$150 non-refundable, non-transferable deposit
$3500 if paid in full by 7/21/17
4% transaction fee added for credit card payments
$150 fee for payment plans (Contact Beverly Yoga Center for details)
Trainees get 50% off all class packages and drop-in fees at Beverly Yoga Center!
* Fees for required workshops, props and books are not included in tuition. Schedule and requirements subject to change.