Mindfulness & Yoga Training for Classroom Teachers PreK – 5th | Parts I & II
with Liz Smith
Mindfulness is the ability to be aware of and live in the present moment. By developing our own understanding and practice of yoga and mindfulness, we are better able to help ourselves and children identify and manage impulses and emotions, make better decisions and find ease in difficult situations. Through this training, teachers will learn ways to incorporate these techniques to create a sense of awareness from within.
Participants in Part 1 will explore how to apply the following in their own lives and in the classroom setting:
- a basic understanding of the science behind mindfulness
- increased awareness of benefits including improved cognitive outcomes, social-emotional skills, and overall well-being
- breathing techniques
- simple yoga poses
- mindfulness activities to help create a deeper sense of community and compassion both inside and outside of the classroom
Previous experience in mindfulness and yoga is NOT necessary to benefit from this training.
Participants in Part 2* will build off of the knowledge gained in Part I:
- a deeper understanding of the science behind and benefits of mindfulness
- breathing techniques to promote a sense of calm and relaxation
- simple yoga poses to promote mindful movement
- collaborative activities to help create a deeper sense of community and compassion both inside and outside of the classroom
*Participation in Mindfulness & Yoga Training for Classroom Teachers Part 1 is a prerequisite to Part 2 training.
Each part of this training includes 5 adult yoga classes. After the completion of the training and classes, participants will qualify for 8 hours of continuing education credits through Saint Xavier University. Once registration is complete participants may begin taking any ongoing classes at Beverly Yoga Center.
Pre-K – 5th Grade
Part I Pre-K–5
Saturday, October 14
2:00 – 5:30 pm
(13 spots remaining)
Part II Pre-K–5
Saturday, November 18
2:00 – 5:30 pm
(15 spots remaining)
COST PER PART
$175 before October 7, $200 after
As part of this training 5 adult yoga classes are included to qualify for 8 hours of continuing education credits through Saint Xavier University, per part.
$325 Mindfulness & Yoga for Classroom Teachers, Pre-K – 5th, Parts I & II
As part of Part I & II training 10 adult yoga classes are included to qualify for 16 hours of continuing education credits through Saint Xavier University.
Workshops are limited to 16 students. Please secure your spot early. Advanced registration required.
Questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
SCHOOL GROUP REGISTRATION The Beverly Yoga Center will work with you to schedule programming and fees around your staff’s needs and availability. To discuss opportunities for your school, contact Beverly Yoga Center at 773-239-9642 or firstname.lastname@example.org.