Mindfulness & Yoga Training for Classroom Teachers 6th-8th | Parts I & II
with Maureen Collins
Mindfulness is the ability to be aware of and live in the present moment. By developing our own understanding and practice of yoga and mindfulness, we are better able to help ourselves and students identify and manage impulses and emotions, make better decisions and find ease in difficult situations. Through this training, teachers will learn ways to incorporate these mindfulness techniques to develop a sense of awareness from within leading to reduced stress both inside and outside of the classroom.
Part I will explore how to apply the following in their own lives and in the classroom setting:
- a basic understanding of the science behind mindfulness and its relevance to everyday life
- increased awareness of benefits including improved cognitive outcomes, social-emotional skills, and overall well-being
- breathing techniques
- simple yoga poses
- mindfulness activities to help create a deeper sense of community and compassion both inside and outside of the classroom
Part II will explore how to apply the following in their own lives and in the classroom setting:
- a deeper understanding of the science behind and benefits of mindfulness
- breathing techniques to promote a sense of calm and relaxation
- simple yoga sequences to promote mindful movement
- collaborative activities to help create a deeper sense of community and compassion both inside and outside the classroom
Previous experience in mindfulness and yoga is NOT necessary to benefit from this training.
Each part of this training includes 5 adult yoga classes. After the completion of the training and classes, participants will qualify for 8 hours of continuing education credits through Saint Xavier University. Once registration is complete participants may begin taking any ongoing class at Beverly Yoga Center.
6th – 8th Grade Part II
Saturday, January 20th
2:00 – 5:30 pm
(14 spots remaining)
COST PER PART
$175 before November 5, $200 after
As part of this training 5 adult yoga classes are included to qualify for 8 hours of continuing education credits through Saint Xavier University per part.
$325 Mindfulness & Yoga for Classroom Teachers Part 1 & 2
As part of Part 1 & 2 training 10 adult yoga classes are included to qualify for 16 hours of continuing education credits through Saint Xavier University.
Workshops are limited to 16 students. Please secure your spot early.
Questions, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
Advanced registration required below.