Yoga, Breath and Mindfulness
for Chronic Pain | Privates
with Carly Carney
Chronic pain impacts so much of our life. It puts strain and stress on our mind and body and ability to live with ease and sense of well-being. It impacts how we see and feel about the world and it affects our relationship with ourselves and others. Over time, pain depletes our ability to care for ourselves and can often make us feel frustrated, tired, depressed or hopeless. We can often wish that our body and circumstances were different. Pain can become our normal life experience, and it is common to no longer know what it feels like to feel relaxed and comfortable in our body. It is the lens that we see life through.
Yoga and mindfulness is a proven modality that can cultivate ease and a feeling of well-being and reduce suffering in your mind and body when living with chronic pain. The goal of these classes is to explore the relationship between the mind/body connection as it relates to pain and introduce practices that will reduce suffering.
Yoga experience is not required. All of the movements are simple and gentle.
In this 6-week private series we will address these questions:
- How do we live with chronic pain and begin to heal the accumulation of discomfort and frustration that it has exerted on the mind and body overall health?
- How can we begin to feel at ease in the body when it’s the place that is the cause of so much suffering?
You will learn about the:
- Cycle of pain and how it manifests itself in your mind and body.
- Science behind breathing and how it can promote relaxation.
- Relationship you have to your body and the beliefs that accompany the stress of living with pain.
- Ways chronic pain impact your mind and body over time.
During these sessions you will learn:
- Guided meditation practices that cultivate ease and comfort in your body.
- Gentle yoga movements that you can practice at home.
- A guided self-inquiry practice that helps you see your relationship to your pain.
- Breathing practices that integrate the mind/body relationship and relaxes the body and focuses the mind.
- Simple lifestyle changes that support your well-being.
Full payment required before scheduling sessions.