Mindfulness & Yoga for Anxiety
with Carly Carney
Anxiety is an experience that can feel like a never-ending cycle which can be difficult to navigate . . .
The first step towards soothing the effect of anxiety is to develop a relationship to the body. Some ways to do this are through mindfulness, yoga and breathing practices which can regulate your inner body experience towards calm. The next step is to invite a curiosity into the ways that we relate to, judge and regard these experiences through self-reflection practices.
When anxiety is present, it can feel as if the body is on high alert and the mind is constantly running. This 4-week series is created to guide you into your body through yoga and meditation with patience and kindness, as well as learn practices that comfort, support and nourish the mindbody connection. All are welcome!
In this 4-week series you will learn:
- A framework of the nervous system and how anxiety plays a role.
- An overview of how the mind relates to the experience of anxiety.
- Breathing, yoga and mindfulness practices.
- Journal practices that help clarify your dominate beliefs and feelings around anxiety.
- How to cultivate inner resources when anxiety is present.
As part of attending this series, you will receive:
- Audio recordings of mindfulness and breathing practices.
- Take home handouts.
- Journal practices that you can use at home.
Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:15 pm
November 28, December 5, 12 & 19
(15 spots remaining)
$75 per 4-week session by Nov 21, $85 after
Class size is limited to 16 students. Please register early to secure your spot.
Mindfulness and Yoga for Anxiety requires payment prior to registration. Purchase below.
Register for Minfulness & Yoga for Anxiety