Yoga, Breath and Mindfulness
for Back Pain | 4-week workshop session
with Carly Carney
When we experience back pain it impacts so much of our life. It puts strain and stress on the mind and body and ability to feel at ease. It can influence how we feel in our daily lives and our relationships with ourselves and others. Over time, pain or discomfort can make us feel frustrated, tired or on edge.
Yoga and mindfulness is a proven modality that can cultivate ease and a feeling of well-being. The goal of these classes is to explore gentle postures, the breath and relationship between the mindbody connection as it relates to your discomfort.
During these sessions you will learn:
- Gentle yoga movements that you can practice at home.
- Guided meditation practices that cultivate ease and comfort in your body.
- Breathing practices that integrate the mindbody relationship and relaxes the body and focuses the mind.
- Simple lifestyle changes that support your well-being.
You will learn about the:
- Cycle of pain and how it manifests itself in the mind and body.
- Science behind breathing and how it can promote relaxation.
- Ways pain impacts your mind and body over time..
Due to the nature of this being a group class, there are a few requirements:
- The ability to lay on the floor.
- Permission from your doctor to do gentle movements.
Yoga experience is not required. All of the movements are simple and gentle. The structure of these classes will incorporate research, presentation and practice. You will receive recordings of the practices in class to use at home. This class will not address specific back conditions, rather present general resources that can be applied to general back related conditions.
If you have a specific back related condition that you want to address, you may consider setting up private chronic pain sessions.•••••
Wednesdays 7:00 – 8:15pm
July 18, 25 & August 1, 8
Cost $75 prior to July 11, $90 after
Class size limited to 14 students. (12 spots remaining)