Yoga, Breath and Mindfulness
for Back Pain
with Carly Carney
Back pain can impact many aspects of daily life. It can influence how we feel in our day-to-day activities and our relationship to ourselves, and others. Over time, the pain or discomfort can leave you feeling frustrated, exhausted and on edge.
Yoga and mindfulness is a proven modality that can cultivate ease and a feeling of well-being. The goal of these classes is to explore gentle postures, the breath and relationship between the mindbody connection as it relates to your discomfort.
You will learn:
- Gentle yoga movements that you can practice at home.
- Guided meditation practices that cultivate ease and comfort in your body.
- Breathing practices that integrate the mindbody relationship and relaxes the body and focuses the mind.
- Simple lifestyle changes that support your well-being.
You will learn about the:
- Cycle of pain and how it manifests itself in your mind and body.
- Science behind breathing and how it can promote relaxation.
- Ways pain impacts your mind and body over time..
Due to the nature of this being a group class there are a few requirements:
- The ability to lay on the floor.
- Permission from your doctor to do gentle movements.
This class welcomes you exactly as you are. Yoga and meditation experience or a flexible body is not required. All of the movements are simple and gentle. The class will incorporate practice, self-reflection and education. You will receive audio recordings of the practices to use at home. This is not physical therapy and we do not diagnose conditions.
If you have a specific back related condition that you want to address, you may consider setting up private chronic pain sessions.•••••
Saturday, June 22
3:30 – 5:30 pm
Class size limited to 14 students.