Yoga, Breath and Mindfulness
for Chronic Pain | Privates
with Carly Carney
Chronic pain impacts so much of our lives. It puts strain and stress on our mind and body and our ability to live with ease and a sense of well-being. It impacts how we see and feel about the world and how it affects our relationships with ourselves and others. Over time, pain depletes our ability to care for ourselves and can often make us feel frustrated, tired, depressed or hopeless. We can often wish that our bodies and circumstances were different. Pain can become our normal life experience, and it is common to no longer know what it feels like to feel relaxed and comfortable in our body. It becomes the lens that we see life through.
Yoga and mindfulness is a proven modality that can cultivate ease and a feeling of well-being and reduce suffering in your mind and body when living with chronic pain. The goal of these classes is to explore the relationship between the mindbody connection as it relates to pain and introduce practices that will reduce suffering.
In this 6-week private series we will address these questions:
- How do you live with chronic pain and begin to heal the accumulation of discomfort and frustration that it has exerted on your mind, body and overall health?
- How can you begin to feel at ease in your body when it’s the cause of so much suffering?
You will learn about the:
- Cycle of pain and how it manifests itself in your mind and body.
- Science behind breathing and how it can promote relaxation.
- Relationship you have to your body and the beliefs that accompany the stress of living with pain.
- Ways chronic pain impact your mind and body over time.
During these sessions you will learn:
- Guided meditation practices that cultivate ease and comfort in your body.
- Gentle yoga movements that you can practice at home.
- A guided self-inquiry practice that helps you see your relationship to your pain.
- Breathing practices that integrate the mindbody relationship and relax your body and focus your mind.
- Simple lifestyle changes that support your well-being.
These sessions welcome you exactly as you are. Yoga and meditation experience or a flexible body is not required. All of the movements are simple and gentle. The structure of these sessions will incorporate practice, self-reflection and education. You will receive audio recordings of the practices to use at home. These sessions are not physical therapy and we do not diagnose conditions. Click here to learn more about who teaches these classes.
Learn more about who teaches this class here.
Full payment required before scheduling sessions.